Marine Safety offers a fleet of robust Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIBs) and Runabouts that are available for rent on a daily basis. All boats are SAMSA certified and are offered with full safety equipment. The boats are rented on roadworthy licensed trailers allowing you the flexibility to launch at any of your favorite waterways along the Southern Cape.
Sentinel: Gemini 470 with 60hp (6 pax)
Rate: R2,500 per day (Deposit: R4,200)
Vigilance: Gemini 730 with 2x 150hp (12 pax)
Rate: R7,800 per day (Deposit: R10,000) *
WHO CAN RENT A BOAT
Any person over the age of 21 with a valid SAMSA powerboat skippers certificate may rent a boat. You will need to provide us with the following when making the booking:
- Copy of skippers certificate (original must be brought onboard whenever operating a boat)
- Proof of ID (passport or ID card)
WHAT IS INCLUDED
Each boat is supplied with all safety equipment, safety surveys and on a roadworthy trailer.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Fuel – each boat is supplied full of fuel, and renters are required to return it full of fuel. If the tank is not returned full, the cost of fuel plus a 20% service fee will be deducted off the deposit.
- Launching fees – the renter I responsible for all launching and park fees. Each boat comes with a valid safety certificate and National Parks Board decal for the Knysna Lagoon. Any additional fees are the responsibility of the renter.
The renter may launch the boat at any recognized inland launch site between Mossel Bay and Plettenburg Bay. These include: Mossel Bay Yacht Club, Island Lake, Swartvlei, Whitebridge (Knysna Lagoon), The Point (Knysna Lagoon), Knysna Angling Club, Knysna Yacht Club, Thesen Island (if a resident), Knysna Quays (if a resident), Leisure Isle Boat Club (if a member), Keurbooms River (Plettenburg Bay)
Note, our boats may not be surf launched, and may only be operated up to 1 mile offshore if launched from a protected harbor (Mossel Bay).
- At no time may a rental boat proceed through the Knysna Heads, or past the white beacon on the East Side of the Heads. You will be supplied a map outlining the restricted areas.
- Unfortunately, fishing is not permitted from our RIBs. Sharp pointy hooks do not mix well with inflatable boats – they go pop.
A refundable deposit equal to two days rental fee is required for every rental. The deposit can be made in cash or via EFT. When the boat is returned with no damages the deposit will be refunded immediately (if cash) or within 5 working days if paid by EFT.
Unfortunately, cancellations within 5 days of your booking date cannot be refunded.